Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combo Amps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinsk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Combo Amps Reply with quote

Would anyone happen to have suggestions for decently priced and powered combo amps. I used to have the over sized 8x10 with all the bells and wistles but ditched that stuff when i started giging mor enad more(plus most of it isnt needed with these basses) im looking for a combo around 200-350W in the ball park of $800 or less. Thanks for the help>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Juneau

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Combo's, I've always been a fan of the SWR Workingman's series, and liked the Ampeg B-100R I had as well. I wish I could offer more options, Im sure Tom could weigh in some better comments on various ones.

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest Hartke combo's . I used there heads and really like them . I would also recommend Yorkville sound . They have a 400 watt combo that is real decent for the money . Used Eden stuff too .
Tom Bowlus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have much experience with combo amps in the 250+ watt range. For me, I'd rather go with a seperate head/cab at that point (or step up to a powered Bergantino cab, but those are not cheap). My favorite combo amps include the SWR Baby Blue II (no longer made), the Phil Jones Briefcase, and my Trace Elliot Twin Valve Combo (all tube, also no longer made). Of these, only the Trace is loud enough for a rock-n-roll gig, and even that is pushing it. I would think that one of the iAMP combos would be quite gig worthy, though, and definitely worth checking out. Some of those newer Ampegs sound pretty good, too, as does the Peavey BAM 2x10 Combo.

Tom.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> The lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: