Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Sale Skjold custom exotic Burled Redwood

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benthughes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: For Sale Skjold custom exotic Burled Redwood Reply with quote

For sale. As much as I love this bass I have to cover some moving expenses. Skjold custom with a burled redwood top, ash body with pinstriping. Neck is 5 piece maple/purpleheart with a bloodwood fretboard. Skjold East stupid versatile preamp with wood knobs. This bass used to be fretless but was converted to fretted by Brian Barrett at the Low End. The work is excellent! This bass is in great condition with no visible flaws. I'd like to get $1950 for it. I need at least $900 with partial trades.

Pics at http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341989&highlight=skjold

Benthughes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this too high an asking price? Make an offer on it, it kinda needs to move.
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone here has already got thier finances tied up in a new Skjold .

The price is getting so low that I am tempted to by it and update it myself . A new one of these basses with all the extras and that top are 3700.00 . You should hold out for more money Wink

Pete
Benthughes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update it eh? Pray tell with what? I wasn't aware that this was an option. I absolutely love the look and feel of this bass but here's my dilemma. I've found that in a gigging situation I like a couple of knobs for quick EQ changes, that's why I love the passive rolloff on the Skjold so dern much. The preamp on this bass is super versatile but I think that's why I ultimately sold my Zon Studio. To my ears this bass would make an amazing fretless but the EQ isn't quite my cup of tea in a fretted. If I keep this bass what are my options?
Juneau

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete would prolly pull all the frets out and fill the lines and make it a fretless again hehe. Laughing

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the options ,

#1 replace the bridge pickup with the hotter version I now use . This will give the bass a slightly deeper and fuller midrange which that bass would benifit from .
#2 swith to the new SPM 3-band preamp . This preamp is the same as the one Vic has . You can set the freq . for treble , mid and bass to the desired freq . It also has a blend instead of the selector . It is full active and does not have a passive roll off , but the active treble can be used the same way once you select the frequincy you want .

#3 I would roll the edge of the fingerboard Smile

Pete
Benthughes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much would this setup run me? I was selling to cover moving expenses and the Skjold was my newest bass sooo.... I'll probably hold onto it and get those ugrades and hold off on furniture Laughing .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Basses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: