Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do-able are inlays?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tryxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: How do-able are inlays? Reply with quote

Hey Pete,

I met you very briefly at the Texas Guitar Show. I can't being to express how wowed I am over your basses. Great and awesome stuff. I was thinking about trying to trade out my Modulus Q6 for some cash, and if I can, this will be the first place I come.

But do you do custom inlays? If so, I'm assuming the up-charge would be based on the intacracy, materials, labor, and the like. But I was just wondering if there was a rough system for determaning this at all.
Juneau

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just to field this one a little bit:

Short answer, yes, Pete can work with you on custom inlays. Some he does himself, others he sends off, at least at present. I couldnt tell you about pricing on such things, but figured I could at least share an example of it being done for you Smile

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
Tryxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Smacks head.*

I think I remember the TB topic with that in it, paying homage to Pete's heritage, right?

Hah, thank you.
Juneau

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually its Tom Bowlus' bass. He happens to also be Norse, like Pete, so in a round about way its paying homage to Pete's roots, but to be more precise, its Tom's roots being payed homage too hehe.

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
Tryxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was his, but I was afraid I was going to butcher his name. But either way, the sentimental value of that bass just increased!
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Trixx ,

As Dave has said , yes I can do custom inlay . I am in the process of working with lasers to do somewhat intricate work but keep the overall cost down . Cost can be figured pretty easy provided I see the design and know what you want for materials . Great Question !

Stay tuned ,

Pete
Tom Bowlus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tryxx wrote:
I thought it was his, but I was afraid I was going to butcher his name. But either way, the sentimental value of that bass just increased!

Don't worry, most people do butcher it! Wink

And thank you for your kind words. I am truly looking forward to this instrument. The inlays add a great touch, and I think that they compliment the beautiful woods Pete put together (with a lot of help from Juneau sending me photos and whatnot - thanks again!).

Tom.

Tom Bowlus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juneau wrote:
Actually its Tom Bowlus' bass. He happens to also be Norse, like Pete, so in a round about way its paying homage to Pete's roots, but to be more precise, its Tom's roots being payed homage too hehe.

Actually, being adopted, I am a bit of a genetic grab bag, but I am most definitely Anglo Saxon of some type, and I certainly do feel more Norse than anything, but the truth is I'm probably more German than anything. But, even my German friends do think that I am a "confused Viking" (meaning that I should have been born into a different age and place) and call me "Sven", so regardless of biological heritage, I do feel like this bass (and the inlays) represent "me."

Later, Tom.

Tryxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, "confused Viking" has made my day. The first thing that popped into my mind was a confused Thor smashing Loki over the head with his hammer...

Thanks for the reply Pete. If I ever have the funds come in sometime soon you'll be sure to hear from me!
Tom Bowlus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tryxx wrote:
Haha, "confused Viking" has made my day.

It sounds even better when said in a heavy German accent! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Ask Pete All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: