Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm hurting bro...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkmaster@U

Location: Louisa, Virginia.. straight up country originally from Washington D.C.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: I'm hurting bro... Reply with quote

Sir Pete, I know you R doin your thang brother in trying to get these funk tools out to the family.. I have to ask brother, Very Happy when will brother "Funkmaster' see his creation for all 2 see in it's state consumation?

Please forgive me bru.. The flesh is weak Confused

Pako

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm hurting bro... Reply with quote

funkmaster@U wrote:
Sir Pete, I know you R doin your thang brother in trying to get these funk tools out to the family.. I have to ask brother, Very Happy when will brother "Funkmaster' see his creation for all 2 see in it's state consumation?

Please forgive me bru.. The flesh is weak Confused

A wise man once said,
Quote:
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”

Not sure what that means, but I hope you can find comfort in it. Smile

I'm waiting on mine to. Hang in there....

| Image 1 | Image 2 | #15 Maple Burl/Ash CS Offset '92
funkmaster@U

Location: Louisa, Virginia.. straight up country originally from Washington D.C.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Wise Words.. Reply with quote

Pako I want to thank you for your efforts to console a fellow funkateer in his moment of low spirits. Laughing Regarding the quote you made it was a biblical one. The writer had in mind that if you teach a person how to fish as oppose to feeding him when hungry, he can perhaps learn the technique and thus take car of his own.

The intent and spirit behind that compelled you utter this statement was solid gold my brother. Just getting a little besides myself sometimes produces characteristics that show my hand @ times.. But all in all i'm blessed to have you guys and Pete to confer with.

Thanx again

Pako

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Wise Words.. Reply with quote

funkmaster@U wrote:
Pako I want to thank you for your efforts to console a fellow funkateer in his moment of low spirits. Laughing Regarding the quote you made it was a biblical one. The writer had in mind that if you teach a person how to fish as oppose to feeding him when hungry, he can perhaps learn the technique and thus take car of his own.

The intent and spirit behind that compelled you utter this statement was solid gold my brother. Just getting a little besides myself sometimes produces characteristics that show my hand @ times.. But all in all i'm blessed to have you guys and Pete to confer with.

Thanx again

So I guess that biblical quote tells us if we knew how to build Skjold basses then we wouldn't have to wait..... Wink

Take heart that the best come to those who wait. Your 7 string Funk Tool is over the top and out of this world. I can imagine that you won't set it down for some time when you get it so take the time now to get your affairs in order so you have the time to truly appreciate your new instrument.

I try not to think about it and enjoy all the eye candy coming out Pete's shop. I just wish I lived close enough to his shop to stop by and say hi. Maybe on the next build, a shop tour will be in order.

~Peace~

funkmaster@U

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Amen Reply with quote

Thanx Pako.. A true funkateer support tower.. Cool
Pako

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still hanging in there? I've managed to bite off all my finger nails, I think I have an ulcer forming, and I've been wood shedding more than ever in preparation for the new tool. I would love to see more progress pics, but it takes away from building time, I'm more than willing to do without pics. Smile

It's getting closer, I can feel it.

funkmaster@U

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Yea Man Reply with quote

Yea my man.... Yes wood shedding is the formost thing for me @ present. In peparation for 7 string funk tool I have working hard on my 7 string Conkline Groove Tool. This will make my transition smooth. But the 5 strings I have are the main work horses until I get my Skjold 7.

Pete informed me last week that my tool will be put into productionthis weekend. The hold up was due to pick up coveres. Wooden one that is! Laughing
Well Pako keep on keepin on bru.

Later.. The funkmaster"@"U

Matt Morgan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm right there with you brother. Can't wait to see our 7s in the finishing stages!

Be strong!
Pako

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that the wooden pickups are the holdup on mine as well. It's that "something extra" that makes it worth the wait. Cool
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been around on here posting much , I have been really busy trying to keep everything moving . Any of the basses that had wood pickups were delayed , and so were moved to the third batch . I hope to have the basses in to the finishing process very soon . I am working pretty much by myself so it is taking it's toll . I have been working seven days a week and double shifts for over a month trying to keep everything on schedule , but alas it is going to be what it is going to be . Rest assured though , these basses are coming out very well . I think once you have it the wait pains will be far behind . I don't think any of you want me to compromise or rush these basses so I am putting forth the effort to get them to everyone as soon as I can .

Thanks for your patience guys ,

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Ask Pete All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: