Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mid Frequencies on the Pre amps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Mid Frequencies on the Pre amps Reply with quote

Hey Pete- Glad to see you got a forum.

I was curious if you care to expound on why you choose the certain mid frequencies in your East preamps. I ask because everytime i play that Blue Jeans faded bass at Rockin robin, I'm in awe of the slap sound and it just doesn't make sense. I play lots of basses in that store and yours seem like the only bass that "got it".

Were the mid freqs chosen for that wood combo specifically, and does it work for all your wood combos, or did you choose mid freqs based on your experience w/ what can be a good starting point.
I asked the 2nd question because on my SuperJ I have a U-retro deluxe, and while it has a sweepable mid, its been a trial-n-error game to dial in consistantly good mids

I'm looking forward to my Skjold bass, I totally dig what you did for the stain

frank
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frank ,

I'm glad you stopped by .

I chose the mid frequencies based on where I heard the natural mid push in woods like Mahogany and Limba among others . I also then looked at the lack of mid push in ash and spanish cedar .

I set the frequency to add more low mids to ash so I could get more punch when I boost them . On the other hand the mahogany already naturally boost this low mid , so I needed to be able to scoop it for a better slap tone . So now the mid is a little better tailored to my basses.

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Ask Pete All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: