Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exotic Custom 5 for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Morgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Exotic Custom 5 for sale Reply with quote

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I simply can not support three Skjolds. I've got my hands full with my two new Skjold customs from this most recent batch.
So I am going to regretfully part company with this amazing bass.

This bass has a 5A Flame Maple body center. That's not a veneer in the pics. That flame goes all the way through! It sports an amazing Zebrawood top and back. The finger board is NOT Maple. It is actually WHITE Wenge and has all of the classic Wenge tone!
This bass has a smooth, controlled low end, killer mid range thanks to the Maple and Wenge, and a nice tight top end as well. It all comes through with Pete's custom Pre-amp that features a four way pick-up selector knob (neck, series, parallel, bridge), tone knob with active/passive push-pull feature, stacked bass/treble knob (bass boost, treble boost/cut with a push-pull "ultra bright" feature), stacked midrange knob with sweepable mids that are boost/cut as well. This pre-amp is all about clean tone and versatility.

Pete Skjold has already developed an incredibly reputation for build quality, fit, finish and most importantly TONE.
This bass weighs less than 9 lbs. and like all Skjolds, is incredibly comfortable in the playing position.

This Exotic Custom Skjold was built by Pete about 2 years ago. However, it has recently gone through a complete refinish and upgrade including the custom matching pickup covers, matching knobs, matching ramp, new Polyester finish, new headstock logo, new Skjold Preamp.

It is for all intent and purposes a brand new Exotic Custom. There is not so much as a single swirl mark in the finish. It is 100% absolutely show room MINT.

According to Pete, to build this bass new, a customer would be looking at the $4400 - $4600 price range.

This bass also includes a custom fitted case, a custom leather "Skjolder" strap, and of course the strap locks for the recessed strap locks that the bass has.

I'm asking $3000.00 plus shipping. I'll deliver in the DFW area free.
Thanks.
Matt Morgan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price reduced to $2700, includes shipping!
Matt Morgan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still available if anyone's interested!
dcr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only it had been for sale a couple of week earlier.....(sigh).

dcr

Soon-to-be-owner of the Skjold Anigre bass
Chinsk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the current status on this bass? Sell it yet? Reduced the price again? Its one hell of a bass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Matt Morgan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bass is currently still in my possession but an individual has put a $1000 down payment on it.
Hopefully in the next few weeks it will be on its way to its new happy owner.
Matt Morgan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This beauty is sold and on its way to the great state of Washington to its new owner!

Thanks Jay and welcome to the Skjold family!
Pako

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the sell (and the purchase Jay)!

It's a beautiful instrument.

| Image 1 | Image 2 | #15 Maple Burl/Ash CS Offset '92
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Zebra custom exotic Reply with quote

I just got this bass from Jay's wife to do some setup and replace an old worn out jack . I LOVE THIS BASS ! This is a great bass and I will be making something similar sometime soon . It will be going back to Jay after The Thanksgiving break just in time for his return from Iraq . But I did get to play a bunch of songs on it before i returned it to it's case .

I am thankful for all the great customers I have and many I consider friends .

be well this Thanksgiving ,

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Basses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: