Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which amps are you guys using?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickyBass

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a UL310 from Glenn at Bass Specialties. Should be here tommorow. Thanks for all the info. KJung and TomB. were very helpful on that other forum.

My dream rig is the WWU/HT322. I just wish it was a bit lighter. I have high hopes for the UL310. I am going to look dead sexy carrying that tiny monster into gigs. Rolling Eyes

I will report back with my findings.
Chinsk

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im runnin a Kustom 1200hp head with these cabs that i got from LBS Prosound. They are a 1x10 w/ horn and a 1x15 made of birtch. Here is a shot of most of the gear.

Last edited by Chinsk on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NickyBass

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very nice rigs here indeed. I am in the process of selling off my bigger cabs and heavier heads. I'm very picky about my rig. It has to be lightweight, but heavy on tone. Have a small footprint, but deliver huge lows. It should be able to take abuse, even though I baby my gear, other people don't.

It's funny, alot of the mid to higher priced cabs tend to be cheaper in the long run --- since I can get much more out of one Epifani UL310 than I could get out of my 2x10/1x15 Ampeg rig that has served me well for years.

I would never say that I've found the perfect rig for me. But, up until this point, I couldn't find anything close to what I wanted. The WWU/HT322 is killer, but it doesn't fit all of my criteria. The WWU/Epi UL310 comes close, but the mid response overpowers the lows. I guess, if you cram 1200 watts into a phonebook sized head and power a 310 that weighs 50 lbs, you are going to compromise somewhere.

So, what is one to do? Well, I tried every head under the sun (save for the ThunderFunk, which I'd love to try out) and decided that instead of compromise on tone, I would compromise on weight. The Eden WT800 is under 30 lbs. That's easier enough to cart around -- I mean, darn-it-all, we are a spoiled lot -- here I am complaining about a 30 lb head. Ha.

So, in short, the WWU/UL310 combo is an amazing rig, but at 1/3 the cost and maybe 15 lbs more, the Eden WT800/UL310 is the rig for me -- for now.

I will still hang onto the WWU and use it for upright gigs and pair it with the HT112. All other cabs and heads must go.
kampman_8078

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an EA iAmp 500 through a homebuilt 1X15 that also has a 6.5" midrange driver installed.
Back2Bassics

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: What I wil play through once I get my new Skjold Reply with quote

Well, I don't have a Skjold yet....
BUT, this is what I will play my blond bombshell through when she arrives:

I have a GT6B->RC20 effects loop on there as well.

kampman_8078

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current rig is an SWR Baby Blue II running through a homebuilt 15/6 in the fEarful vein. It's great with the fretless, but I might add a tweeter to the cab soon, as I find myself wanting for top end sometimes.
Budha bass

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically :

Tecamp Puma 500 / Sadowsky SA200 / Tecamp S212 cab / Tecamp XS112 cab
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Basses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: