Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skjold Pro Sound prototype cab

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve tertel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Skjold Pro Sound prototype cab Reply with quote

This cab is a highly efficient, light weight (45-47 lbs), and likely the best single cab solution that incorporates a 15 inch speaker, 4 ohm, 600 watt rating. The 15 inch speaker was designed for Pete by Emminence. I believe the 6 inch and tweeter are stock models. Tweeter attenuator on the back. SN 001 on the back and signed by Pete himself.

To quote the great Pete Skjold "So far the 115 is really blowing me away. It has a tone of warmth but total clarity thanks to the 3-way crossover and mid driver."

And Matt Morgan "I sampled the 1x15...Pete's cabs are extremely well built. Fantastic grills, handles, indestructible black "sprayed on" type cabinet coating, locking corners, very cool dark red color on the surface where the speakers are mounted,etc. Beautiful cabs! They balance very well and are very easy to carry with the well positioned handles. One speakon connector as well as one 1/4 input. A very nice tweeter attenuator on the back panel as well.

As far as the tone goes; ...a 3 way design including a 6" driver and a tweeter. The 1x15 has a very typical full low end that you would expect from a bottom vented 1x15. However, the interesting thing about the cab is that the 6" driver was instantly recognizable and present in the voice of the cab. It was very smooth and not overly forward but as I played futher up in the upper midrange, the 6" kept the tone clear and articulate. It was really cool! The tweeter was very smooth and very clean too. I played a couple of Pete's fretless and fretted basses through it. Playing some very aggressive fingerstyle and slap through the 1x15 showed the strength of the 6" driver. Very well rounded and consistant tone including some really kickin' upper mid and top end that you wouldn't expect out of a 1x15!

$550, not including shipping. Not interested in any trades at this time.
Back2Bassics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in the cab if still available. What are the power handling on the individual speakers?
steve tertel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B2B:

The cabinet sold via another forum shortly after I posted it here. Thanks for your interest.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Basses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: