Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE REVIEW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basso Gruvitas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE REVIEW Reply with quote

Pete, Juneau,
Do you have any info on when this issue will be out? I don't subscribe to the mag - how might I get a copy?

Thanks.

Juneau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE REVIEW Reply with quote

Basso Gruvitas wrote:
Pete, Juneau,
Do you have any info on when this issue will be out? I don't subscribe to the mag - how might I get a copy?

Thanks.

Id PM Tom Bowlus about that. He is who did the review, so Im sure he can get you that information. I know it is a UK publication, but I imagine you could pick it up at any bookseller.

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
Basso Gruvitas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Juneau. What would be cool is if we could somehow post the article here - either a link or a pdf file or something. It would be good to have as a reference on this site.
SmallEQ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE REVIEW Reply with quote

Juneau wrote:
Basso Gruvitas wrote:
Pete, Juneau,

Thanks.

Id PM Tom Bowlus about that. He is who did the review, so Im sure he can get you that information. I know it is a UK publication, but I imagine you could pick it up at any bookseller.

Its not a UK publication actually. Also, every Guitar Center carries the issues when it comes in as well as several Bookstores like Barnes and Noble. I imagine I will seek one out as my bass will be in it. Twisted Evil
Basso Gruvitas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul - would you please let me know when/where you scope one? Or, would you pick up an extra issue and I'll pay you back?
Biker4Him

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE REVIEW Reply with quote

SmallEQ wrote:
Its not a UK publication actually. Also, every Guitar Center carries the issues when it comes in as well as several Bookstores like Barnes and Noble. I imagine I will seek one out as my bass will be in it. Twisted Evil

Hmm... when I did a search for Bass Guitar Magazine I was taken to a site that said UK's number 1 bass guitar magazine.. and the subscrition fees were listed in British Pounds.???

SmallEQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE REVIEW Reply with quote

Biker4Him wrote:
SmallEQ wrote:

Hmm... when I did a search for Bass Guitar Magazine I was taken to a site that said UK's number 1 bass guitar magazine.. and the subscrition fees were listed in British Pounds.???

Well, technically you are correct. Bass Guitar Magazine is a British rag...however, Tom reviews for Guitar World's Bass Guitar Magazine, which is wholeheartedly American. Their website is http://www.guitarworld.com/toc/bass.html

Cheers
Biker4Him

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE REVIEW Reply with quote

SmallEQ wrote:
Biker4Him wrote:
SmallEQ wrote:

Well, technically you are correct. Bass Guitar Magazine is a British rag...however, Tom reviews for Guitar World's Bass Guitar Magazine, which is wholeheartedly American. Their website is http://www.guitarworld.com/toc/bass.html

Cheers

Great.. thanks for the link and correction. !!!!

Juneau

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, well that makes more sense, I always wondered why Tom would do reviews for a UK publication hehe.

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
Tom Bowlus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE REVIEW Reply with quote

Juneau wrote:
Basso Gruvitas wrote:
Pete, Juneau,

Thanks.

Yes, this is not a UK publication. This is Guitar World's Bass Guitar Magazine, and US subscriptions are certainly available (hint, hint!). It also has wider newsstand publication than any other bass mag.

It will be in the next issue to come out!

Tom.

Basso Gruvitas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom!
Do you have an actual date range when your review will actually hit the stands?

Tom Bowlus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basso Gruvitas wrote:
Hey Tom!
Do you have an actual date range when your review will actually hit the stands?

No, but if I had to guess, I'd say we are within 10 days.

Tom Bowlus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new issue with the two Skjolds is out! Now, I do have two levels of editors involved, but they don't normally change much. So, if you like the review, then 'thanks!' If you don't, then the part you don't like must be something that was changed by one of the editors. Wink
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ! The issue is ...was on the news stands ..I bought a bunch Embarassed .

I had to have some copies for the inlaws Wink

Pete
SmallEQ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete Skjold wrote:
Yeah ! The issue is ...was on the news stands ..I bought a bunch Embarassed .

I had to have some copies for the inlaws Wink

Pete

What type of News stands did you see it at?

I was at a Barnes and Noble today and they just had the previous issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Ask Pete All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: