Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few questions about the Lion's Pride

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickyBass

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: A few questions about the Lion's Pride Reply with quote

Pete,
I was going to email you, but figured I'd post my questions here, just in case someone else is interested. I'm wondering if it is possible to have the black pickup covers with the poles exposed. I don't know the logistics of this, but is it something that you would be interested in?

Also, I'm really thinking that block inlays would look killer. Maybe even binding up the neck, but I'm not too sure about that. How would pearl blocks look on a morado board?
Juneau

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poles exposed wont happen because there arent any poles in Pete's pickups Im pretty sure. They are also split pickups, not a single piece under the cover.

As for blocks, I know Pete has some ideas about those, but I'll let him share them.

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nicky ,

There are poles but we can't do the exposed poles because of the way they are made . The pole are actually quite large and each string gets only one .

I have been working up some block type inlays that will be my own method and look . I should have something before the boards are ready to glue . Binding is something I don't offer at the moment . Mainly because of the way the neck is made .

Pete
NickyBass

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete!! Count me in for inlays. I'd love to see what you come up with. It sounds like you're cooking up something special.

Also, what were you thinking for the finish of LP #23?? I know we discussed natural, but how about this:

Too many choices....they all look good!!
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inlays are doable and so is the finish . The inlays will be extra but not quite sure how much just yet . the sunburst style finish is an option and the upcharge should be listed on the website . BTW , That sunburst is a rendering but it will be very close to how it will look overall . Check out the sunburst in the custom series to see better examples .

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Ask Pete All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: