Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index Skjoldplayers.com
Skjold Players

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Willis Ramp?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJMiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Willis Ramp? Reply with quote

I am trying to learn the right hand technique taught by Todd Johnson. I assume it is similar to Gary Willis. I notice both have a "ramp" on their basses. I have installed a flat piece of walnut as a ramp on my Skjold 6 string (with two sided tape - didn't want to desecrate the bass by putting screw holes in the topjavascript:emoticon('Smile')
Smile.)

However, the Willis Ramp is made to follow the curvature of the fretboard.

I was wondering if there are plans to make a Willis Ramp available. In lieu of that, might there be "scrap" bridge ends of fretboards available to buy long enought to fit between the pickups? The fretboard piece would have to be shimmed to the right height, but I can handle cutting a flat piece of wood. (If I have enough shim stock to last until I finally cut it right. javascript:emoticon('Smile')
Smile

Thanks for your reply,

Dick Miller
Pete Skjold
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Dick ,

I do offer ramps for my basses and I will post a pic of one for you . I charge 75.00 for them and they can be made from several types of wood .

I make quite a few and they for people with other basses too .

Thanks for asking ,

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Skjoldplayers.com Forum Index -> Ask Pete All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: